Text 1234 to Donate to the Philippines
Americans can be counted on to give generously after a hurricane, tornado, earthquake or another natural disaster–and donations via text have become the latest trend in charitable giving.
While this method helps charities raise a lot of money quickly, how can you be sure your money is going to reach the people who need it most? Sharon Lipinski, a generosity expert known as the Donation Defender, can help your listeners make wise decisions about donating their hard-earned dollars.
She will explain:
- Charities know the best way to get people to donate is to make it easy to donate right NOW. That’s why they use heart-wrenching pictures to move people to respond to their appeals.
- Crucial questions to ask about the charity before you pick up that phone.
- 3 reasons not to donate to a charity via text.
- You can’t direct your donations. You may think you’re donating $10 to help the relief effort in the Philippines, but that doesn’t mean your money will be used for that purpose.
- Why joining a giving circle gives you more control and confidence that your donation will make a difference.
Free e-book giveaway: Learn how you can make small donations that have a big impact.
CREDENTIALS: Sharon Lipinski is a nationwide expert on Giving Circles, a speaker and a military wife. She founded Change Gangs: Virtual Giving Circles to provide help and resources for people who like to give money to causes they care about.
AVAILABILITY: GA, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Sharon Lipinski, (970) 581-7681 (GA); email@example.com; http://sharonlipinski.com