As Seen on Oprah and CNN
With health problems, job uncertainty, family discord, relationship woes, home maintenance, bills to pay, retirement to fund, and all of the other cares and responsibilities facing us each day, the idea of finding happiness can seem like only a dream.
Nonetheless, therapist and best-selling author Jonathan Robinson contends happiness is within reach for everyone, and can be had by making simple, internal changes, rather than by controlling people and circumstances. Happiness, Robinson says, has less to do with what happens to you and more to do with how you interpret what happens to you. Robinson will tell listeners:
- Ask the simple question “What could be good about this?” to turn a traffic jam or a bad day at work into an opportunity.
- Schedule time each week for things you enjoy, rather than doing those things if time allows after everything else is done.
- Write down what you would do if you only had six months to live – and do those things.
- Set your life up so you regularly do what is important to you.
- Pursue meaningful goals.
- Change yourself instead of the world around you.
CREDENTIALS: Jonathan Robinson wrote FIND HAPPINESS NOW: 50 Shortcuts for Bringing More Love, Balance, and Joy into Your Life, which is one of nine books by the best-selling author. In addition to being a writer, Robinson is a psychotherapist who has appeared on Oprah and CNN. Robinson also is a professional speaker who has made presentations to many Fortune 500 companies.
AVAILABILITY: CA, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Eryn Carter, (978) 225-2930 (MA); email@example.com