From toddlers constantly screaming, “NO!” to teenagers breaking all the rules, every parent struggles with how to effectively control misbehavior. There are countless theories and parenting “guidebooks,” but it’s hard to know which route to take; even harder when you consider that many common approaches simply don’t produce the desired results, especially in the long run.
Elizabeth Olagunju offers a unique perspective on discipline. Rather than just focusing on rewards and punishments to enforce obedience, her methods go deeper. She says we need to forget trying to control children’s behavior and instead give them the tools they need to be in control of their own behavior and make good choices.
Olagunju provides straightforward, powerful techniques for raising well-behaved and high-achieving children including:
- The 5 biggest mistakes parents make that lead to unruly behavior.
- Why it’s never too early to model and teach self-discipline … and how to do it.
- How high expectations, believing in your children and setting boundaries work together to motivate and foster cooperation instead of resistance.
- Pros and cons of “time-outs” and at what age they really become effective.
- Tips for mastering the art of distraction and why it’s a parent’s best friend.
CREDENTIALS: Elizabeth Olagunju is a parent, science teacher, certified project manager and life coach with master’s degrees in education and business administration. She is also an entomologist with degrees in botany and zoology. Her latest book is RAISING HIGH ACHIEVING KIDS: Seven Ways to Enhance Your Child’s Future. Visit www.coaching4business4life.com.
AVAILABILITY: Delaware, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Elizabeth Olagunju, (302) 368-7675 (DE); email@example.com