Did you know that more Americans die from accidental prescription drug overdoses than in motor vehicle accidents — and 100 drug-related deaths happen every day?
How can we prevent these kind of tragedies from affecting people we love? Ask medication expert Dr. Louise Achey.
“It’s not what drugs you take but how you take them that can endanger your life,” says Dr. Louise. A pharmacist and professor of family medicine who is passionate about educating the public, she can clear up your audience’s misconceptions about how medicine works and how to take it safely.
This entertaining expert will reveal:
- 7 common mistakes when taking vitamins and supplements, and how to avoid them.
- Saying a product is “all natural” does not mean it’s good for you.
- Why the FDA doesn’t regulate dietary supplements such as St. John’s Wort or gingko — and how taking them can risk your health.
- Important questions to ask when you’re prescribed a new medicine or starting a new supplement.
- What your doctors wish you knew about taking your medicines.
- How alcohol can be a silent trigger when mixed with prescription drugs.
- Hidden food additives that can harm you.
Surviving Obamacare: Learn Key Strategies to Protect Yourself from the Dangers of Drug Therapy Under the Affordable Care Act
CREDENTIALS: Dr. Louise Achey has been a practicing pharmacist for 34 years. She is also a medical school professor, award-winning teacher, newspaper columnist, speaker and author of WHY DOGS CAN’T EAT CHOCOLATE: How Medicines Work and How YOU Can Take Them Safely.
AVAILABILITY: WA, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Dr. Louise Achey, (509) 658-2570 (WA); email@example.com; www.askdrlouise.com