We live in a scary world today, where we frequently hear stories of children subjected to bullying, physical or mental abuse, kidnapping, or even death. What can parents do to keep their children safe?
Interview parenting expert Dr. Heather Harder, who explains how parenting advice has essentially remained unchanged since Dr. Spock’s groundbreaking book in the 1940s while the world has undergone amazing transformation in almost every imaginable way. She’ll discuss how life’s changes have impacted families and how parents can raise happy, emotionally resilient, streetsmart children today. Dr. Harder shares important tips for making children more assertive and less likely to be victims.
Your audience will learn:
- How to empower children in the three roles of bullying: victim, bully, or bystander.
- Why a strong sense of self is the best weapon a child has against predators.
- 3 crucial lessons parents must teach their children now to prevent date rape later.
- What to do if your child experiences depression or anger.
- The importance of asking questions rather than teaching children.
Dr. Harder has been featured on hundreds of radio and TV shows across the country on such networks as CNN, CSPAN, MTV, NBC and CBS.
CREDENTIALS: Dr. Heather Harder has dedicated her life to empowering others. A university professor, speaker, consultant, parent, foster parent, and coach with extensive experience working with children and parents, she is known as the Guru of Early Childhood Education. She is the author of the Empowered Parenting Guides, including EMPOWERED PARENT’S GUIDE TO THE ANGRY CHILD: How to Cool Down a Hot Child.
AVAILABILITY: IN, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Dr. Heather Harder, (219) 663-8282 (IN); email@example.com; www.heatherharder.com