Are you one of the millions who remain unemployed since the Great Recession began in December 2007? Or, are you coping with bad health? Does your business fail to thrive? Perhaps you are unexpectedly single again. Maybe you are trying to cope with some other sort of loss.
Although not all of us experience job losses, health problems, business fears, love life issues, or the death of loved ones, all of us experience setbacks of one sort or another. And all of us, personal change expert M.J. Ryan contends, can rebound from those setbacks. Ryan will tell listeners:
- Avoid allowing slip-ups to become excuses for giving up.
- Avoid making excuses and putting off the effort that needs to be undertaken.
- Keep track of progress.
- Be specific and clear about what you want to achieve and make a serious commitment to achieve it.
- Expect to go through an awkward phrase on the road to success.
- Don’t expect perfection and then feel guilty and regretful when you don’t get it.
- Have a back-up plan.
CREDENTIALS: M.J. Ryan is the author of HOW TO SURVIVE CHANGE … YOU DIDN’T ASK FOR: Bounce Back, Find Calm in Chaos, and Reinvent Yourself in addition to other titles that include Attitude of Gratitude and 2005 Books for Better Living Award winner Happiness Makeover. The consultant, executive coach, and public speaker is a contributing editor for Health and Good Housekeeping and one of the creators of the New York Times bestselling Random Acts of Kindness series.
AVAILABILITY: CA, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Eryn Carter, (978) 225-2930 (MA); email@example.com