More than 2 million Americans marry each year, and many millions more are in committed romantic relationships. At the same time, more than a million Americans file for divorce every year and many romantic relationships are torn asunder, too. It can make us wonder whether we know what we’re doing when we’re in love.
Relationship expert Sky Blossoms contends some attitude adjustment may be in order. Much of what Americans think is love really isn’t, but instead is behavior fueled by fear, insecurity, dependency, and jealousy. Furthermore, Blossoms argues much of what Americans believe makes relationships work not only isn’t true – it could actually cause damage and a even a break-up. Blossoms will tell listeners:
- Good relationships do not require hard work and sacrifice. Couples should not have to work on their relationships at all.
- Compromise is one of the worst things you can do in your relationship. Compromise can cause relationship failure.
- Relationships founded on give and take are inherently flawed.
- People should not change to make a relationship work. In fact, they should become more of who they really are.
- A relationship should not be a lifetime commitment.
- Couples should feel free within their relationships.
CREDENTIALS: Sky Blossoms is the author of BEST THING EVER: Escape Disappointments and Drama and Let True Love into Your Life. Blossoms is a one-on-one relationship coach as well as a public speaker. Blossoms was a recurring guest on CBS Radio and has appeared on MundoFox 22 KWHY LA and VoiceAmerica.
AVAILABILITY: CA, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Sky Blossoms, (310) 598-1808 (CA); sky@BestThingEver.com