While politicians argue about who’s to blame for the Obamacare mess, one thing is clear: Our health-care system will never be the same and all of us have to cope with those changes right now.
To cut through the myths and confusion, your audience needs the advice of industry insider and health insurance coach Jim Skinner. The author of SMART PATIENT SMART MONEY: The Essential Playbook for the New Healthcare Consumer, he brings a refreshing voice of clarity and practical action your audience needs to hear.
Relying on real world anecdotes and his trademark humor, Skinner discusses:
- Our new role as patients in a new health-care system.
- How to use your health insurance to save time and money.
- Why you need to understand your health-care consumer profile.
- How not to spend money on insurance that you don’t need.
- How to spot a 500 percent price differential in your network – for the same medical procedure.
CREDENTIALS: Jim Skinner is a health insurance consultant and broker who, at 42, was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer and a life-threatening brain tumor four years later. After 12 months of chemo, radiation, colon surgery and Gamma Knife surgery, he wrote his first book to transform the patient experience from a situation of fear, intimidation and paralysis into one of confidence, power and control. He is the creator and founder of the The Smart Patient Academy.
This guest is available for interviews in English or Spanish
AVAILABILITY: TX, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone
CONTACT: Jim Skinner, (888) 822-4770; email@example.com